Hyuna - A'wesome

• I. Introduction

A'wesome is the fifth mini album by Hyuna.

It was released on August 1, 2016 by Cube Entertainment and distributed by Universal Music.

It marks her first release as a solo artist since the disbandment of girl-group 4minute. Hyuna was the only member to renew her contract with the agency, and would continue her career as a solo artist.

The EP features six tracks with How's This serving as the title track.

II. Music and Composition

The album tracks ranges from hip hop to indie music genres.
    The title track of the album, "How's This?", is a trap hip-hop song played in saxophone riff and 808 bass sound.

It is produced by Seo Jaewoo who also produced her previous works like "Red" and "Roll Deep" "Wolf" is an emotional hip-hop track that features rapper Hanhae.

"U&Me" is described as a light song in an easy beat.
    "Morning Glory" is an indie-style music produced by singer-songwriter Seonwoo Jeong-a, and features indie musician, Qim Aisle.

"Freaky" is a trap beat track.

"Do it!" is produced by Seo Jaewoo, Big Sancho and US songwriter Brian Lee.

EXID's LE and BTOB Ilhoon also participated in the chorus and rap making.

III. Commercial Performance

A'wesome entered and peaked at number 2 on the Gaon Album Chart on the chart issue dated July 31 – August 6, 2016.

The mini-album entered at number 12 on the Gaon Album Chart for the month of August 2016 with 9,224 physical copies sold.

IV. Tracklist

1. U & Me

2. How's This

3. Do It!

4. Morning Glory

5. Freaky

6. Wolf

V. MV and Album Tracks

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.